It seems that most of us these days are careful about maintaining a healthy weight. Either we are on diet or about to start one or admonishing ourselves for cheating on one. For many people keeping an eye on food intake is doable.
It is those couple of drinks you have on Friday night followed by the couple more you have on Saturday that can see those calories add up.
Like with all things moderation is the key here because even people on strict diets can have a glass of wine and perhaps even a low carb beer on occasion. Low carb beers tend to have around 3g of carbs per 330ml bottle but still contain kilojoules so definitely no binging if you are watching the scales.
Nutritionists and dieticians suggest that it is the sugar in mixers and cocktails that do the real damage in terms of empty calories and spirits may be the way to go if you want to have a drink while on a diet.
Some low-calorie drink options:
- Vodka mixed with sparkling water and a squeeze of lemon or lime
- A glass of pinot noir
- A glass of champagne
- Whiskey and diet coke in a short glass
- A Moscow Mule without the sugar syrup
- Scotch on the rocks
- Tequila on ice with a slice of lime
- Sugarless Mojito with extra lime
- Try drinking the spirits on ice, perhaps an infused vodka that has the flavour without the extra calories
- Choose lower calorie mixers like a tonic, lemon or lime juice or light cranberry juice
- Dilute drinks by adding sparkling water or soda water to spirits and wine
- Drink water between alcoholic drinks
BWS at Village Fair Shopping Centre has a wide range of alcoholic options whether you are watching your weight, entertaining at home or looking for a hostess gift. Don’t forget to check out their daily specials in store or online.